Red Wine ‘Experience’ Pinot Noir Dozen
The Pinot Noir grape’s origins are from the Burgundy (Bourgogne) region of France. A very popular variety, Pinot Noir is widely planted although very difficult to grow, requiring warm days and cold nights. In its native France, it is known as “The Cruel Mistress”, being difficult but very rewarding in equal measure!
The variety is used to make light/medium to full bodied wines of great character. Typically smooth and rich with earthy undertones and a soft mouthfeel, Pinot Noir is best grown in cooler climate regions, the most notable situated in Australia, France, California and New Zealand.
This ‘Experience’ dozen will give you the opportunity to enjoy an array of pinots from regions best suited to growing Pinot Noir. It will also allow you to experience Pinot’s sensual charms!
Consists of a bottle of each of the following:
- Tamar Ridge Pinot Noir – Tasmania
- Batista Pinot Noir – Manjimup, Western Australia
- Below & Above Pinot Noir – Pemberton, Western Australia
- Baby Doll Pinot Noir – Marlborough, New Zealand
- Onannon Pinot Noir – Mornington Peninsula, Victoria
- Giant Steps Pinot Noir – Yarra Valley, Victoria
- Bogle Pinot Noir – California
- Maude Pinot Noir – Central Otago, New Zealand
- Joseph Faiveley – Burgundy, France
- Unico Zelo Pinot Noir – Adelaide Hills, South Australia
- Between Five Bells Pinot Noir – Strathbogie Ranges, Victoria
- Lake House Postcard Pinot Noir – Denmark, Western Australia