M.Chapoutier Les Meysonniers Crozes Hermitage (France)

Description

Appearance: very intense purplish red.
Nose: red fruits, blackcurrant and raspberry, followed by violet aromas.
Palate: ample and round, final of stewed fruits and vanilla.
Food Pairing: All meats and poultry. Cooked pork meats. All cheeses
Grape variety/varieties: Syrah from the vines which are at least 25 years old.
Harvest: The grapes are hand-harvested at maturity.
Soil: South facing slopes. The soil consists of a mixture of clay, pebbles and gravel. The alluvial terroir of Crozes-Hermitage was formed by terraces from the Rhône and Isère rivers.
Vinification: Our Crozes-Hermitage is vinified traditionally with punching down and pumping over taking place in concrete tanks. This wine is made from organically grown grapes. The exclusion of all chemical products (in particular herbicides), and the ploughing of the vineyards, enables the vine to plunge its root system deep down into the heart of the soil. Deeper root systems make the vine’s physiological behavior more even, and provide better resistance to sudden and variable weather conditions. As to the wines, a more subtle balance and a pronounced minerality set this wine apart from other Crozes-Hermitage wines produced from this sedimentary soil. Vinification and ageing in concrete tanks enhances the subtlety of the balance.
Ageing: Around 12 months ageing. 85% of which takes place in concrete tanks to preserve the freshness and minerality of the fruit. The remaining 15% is aged in barrel which gives the wine consistency and power, along with aromatic complexity.
Alcohol content: 13
single price
$42.99
Quantity discounts available:
1-56+
$42.99$38.69
Categories: , ,

Please note:

  • Product details such as images, labels, vintages may change from our suppliers without notice. If you are looking for a specific vintage, batch or label design, please contact us to confirm before ordering.
  • ‘In Stock’ refers to deVine Cellars being able to access stock from our warehouse or suppliers. It does not mean that all products are available in our stores at all times for immediate purchase and collection, please contact us to confirm availability.

It is against the law to sell or supply alcohol to, or to obtain alcohol on behalf of, a person under the age of 18 years.

De Vine Cellars Inglewood Licence Number 6030 017 418

Class of Licence: Liquor Store Licence; Licencee: AFL Pty Ltd; Address: 911 Beaufort Street, Inglewood WA 6052

De Vine Cellars Noranda Licence Number 6030 146 424

Class of Licence: Liquor Store Licence; Licencee: AFL Pty Ltd; Address: 9Shop 41 Noranda Shopping Village; Cnr Benara Road & McGilvray Ave, Noranda WA 6062