Red Wine ‘Experience’ Shiraz Dozen
Shiraz, or Syrah as most of the rest of the world knows it, is a grape variety which dominates Australia’s red wine production. Its history has much more to do with the Rhone Valley in France (a paltry 2000+ years), where it is one of the 13 registered grape varieties for production under the Côte du Rhone Appellation and its prestigious sub regions such as Côte Rôtie, but its origins are still hotly debated.
One thing that isn’t debated is Shiraz’s nobility and versatility, it can produce wines with appealing characters for almost every red wine drinker’s palate. From restrained and elegant to big, bold and robust, from red and purple fruit-driven to leaner spicy styles, from rounded and velvety to peppery and everything in between, there’s a combination to pique your interest. It’s defining characters are linked to the region in which it is grown, with Barossa famous for plumy-ness, Heathcote for fruit, earthiness and pepper, Great Southern for elegance and light spice, to name a few.
The Experience Shiraz dozen will take you on a journey around the many facets of this wonderful and generous variety, all wrapped up in one box.
Consists of a bottle of each of the following:
- Kerrigan & Berry Shiraz – Frankland River, Western Australia
- Mandoon Old Vine Shiraz – Swan Valley, Western Australia
- Windance Shiraz – Margaret River, Western Australia
- Familia Pacheco Syrah – Spain
- Chalk Hill Luna Shiraz – McLaren Vale, South Australia
- Les Peyrautins Syrah Grenache – France
- Patritti Shiraz – McLaren Vale, South Australia
- Catlin “The Harvester” Shiraz – Clare Valley, South Australia
- Atze’s Corner Opulent Shiraz – Barossa Valley, South Australia
- Sidewood Shiraz – Adelaide Hills, South Australia
- Longhop Old Vine Shiraz – Adelaide Plains, South Australia
- Run Free by Singlefile Shiraz – Great Southern, Western Australia
NOTE: subject to availability of individual wines. In the case that a particular wine is not available, we will replace it with a similar wine of equal or higher value.